Monday, March 23, 2009

Camera Is Full!

Due to budget issues, everyone in my office was required to take a week off during spring break. My spring break week was last week. Of course... I get a COLD on the first day of spring break! It was a fairly miserable week, actually. But I did take some time to download pictures from my camera, which is about out of memory and thought I'd update you on what I've been up to since the last blog.













These are pictures from the Parade of Lights. It's an annual Denver tradition done during the holiday season. All the local bands, companies and politicians dress up and create lighted floats. It was fun and part of the Denver tradition.









Speaking of Denver tradition... My new year's resolution is to "live like I live in Colorado." I decided that I was missing most of the allure of being a colorado resident and that I would resolve to do more typically Coloradan things. I've been doing pretty good so far.

Here's another Denver Christmas tradition: Zoo Lights at the Denver Zoo. I took Isabelle and Kalvyn to see them. We counted 4 light tunnels and the kids rode the little train. We had hot cocoa and cider too. We went right as it opened that night, and by the time we left, the line was so long, it circled the parking lot!













Here are a couple pictures of us sledding right after Christmas. We did a lot of wiping out too. I had some serious bruises! See all those scrubby looking bushes? They might as well be boulders. If you hit one of those babies, you lose... it doesn't budge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Sarah

http://grillsblog.com